PRAYING FOR MY BELOVED CRC MEMBERS & CALVIN COLLEGE et al to NOT ACQUIESCE TO FAR-LEFT LIBERALISM TO TRY TO BE ‘COOL’:

JESUS SAID: “I pray not that thou should take them out of the world, but that thou should keep them from the evil. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

And for their sakes ..."

Twitter Search / crcbanner

The Banner

Twitter Search / CRCNA

Christianity Today Magazine

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

WHAT's the DEAL WITH RICK DEVRIES (sorry , that's "Professor Devries" ) ?



Rick Devries seems to be "all over the map" at Calvin College & G.R. Christian schools ..now I notice he is listed as an "education professor" ..., what happed to Economics Dept ? I thought his masters degree was in Economics . And then he is also known to teach at the Christian middle schools (singular or plural, I don't know anymore)  around Grand Rapids . I grew up in Grand Rapids when the Christian middle schools were Millbrook (my alma mater) , Sylvan, Oakdale, Westside, & for a while East Paris if I recall correctly..maybe there was  Creston too ? Then I heard they merged a lot of the middle schools..; I know Millbrook closed down..maybe some or all (?) of the others too? Anyways, Rick Devries was a year or two older than me..and attended Millbrook and GRCH..his dad was a custodian.. , and he didn't like me..not sure why.. ; fortunately didn't see much of him most of the time. 

And then he became pals with somebody I knew from the dorms and I think Rick may have "poisoned the well" so to speak in terms of spreading harmful & false  gossip about me..; I think it pretty much tainted my friend from the dorm's viewpoint of me, And I think it may have really ruined my future in west Michigan. That's the sad thing about attending high school and college in the same town. These guys are "locals for life" ..and it's a danger when Calvin hires too many of these local  yokels. My family left west Michigan after my junior year of high school but I still came and went from west Michigan for many years , and had a lot of friends from growing up there, but some  sort of abandoned me. 

And my family has a lot of heritage and history in west Michigan, but with just a few local yokels spreading self-serving gossip , it taints a lot of the memories and experiences..in terms of returning and reminiscing on good times with old friends and friends of our family. The Christian Reformed Church must try to prevent this sort of "inbred" aspect of bieng a Grand Rapids Christian Reformed local yokel. Otherwise it really just becomes a local club. We even see some of the local bias in the CRC publications..there's often much more about local happenings around west Michigan and the midwest more so than around the country and world, even though the CRC is around the country and around the world. 


--
#Repent&BeBaptized !                        #acceptChrist2bSaved2day !