PRAYING FOR MY BELOVED CRC MEMBERS & CALVIN COLLEGE et al to NOT ACQUIESCE TO FAR-LEFT LIBERALISM TO TRY TO BE ‘COOL’:

JESUS SAID: “I pray not that thou should take them out of the world, but that thou should keep them from the evil. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

And for their sakes ..."

Twitter Search / crcbanner

The Banner

Twitter Search / CRCNA

Christianity Today Magazine

Friday, October 30, 2020

2014 "Calvin Remembers Charles Young " AND SO DO I


                        2014   
              "Calvin Remembers 
                  Charles Young  " 
                  AND SO DO I  

I have a strange story & memory about Charles Young . When I was a freshman at Calvin College in 1985 the way you would register for classes, pre-computers,  was to walk through the phys-ed gymnasium and go from table to table; and the professors would sit there at the tables and sometimes chat with you and one of them, Charles Young, waved me over  & encouraged me to sign up for his class Art History" .

This was a 300-level class if I recall correctly so I don't know why he was trying to talk me into taking his class which was mostly for art majors & later I found out was also known as one of the most difficult classes not only for art majors but in general.  And I was not an art  major and  had no real interest in art, and it turned out to be a very difficult class- living up to its reputation because of the excessive amount of memorization required. 

So I spent a lot of time memorizing famous parts of art from around the world and different types of columns and things like that and it was not necessary  for me to take as an elective, so I don't know why he tried to talk me into it. It was dishonest of him. He made my first semester of my freshman year much more difficult & stressful than it should have been and I didn't do very well. I did pass fortunately but it could have been worse. And it was actually somewhat cruel of him to prey upon my naivety.

 Rest-in-Peace 

https://calvin.edu/news/archive/calvin-remembers-charles-young